January 27, 2022
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Course Description: Lighting Design for Indoor Spaces is an introductory course that introduces lighting styles, fixture types, and controls, while demonstrating the best practices for lighting in various applications.
- Compare the different types of lighting distributions used in indoor lighting
- Analyze the various fixture types commonly specified in indoor lighting applications
- Identify the different types of fixture controls and methods of controlling lights within in indoor space
- Analyze the Behavioral Effects of Lighting an dhow behavioral research fits into lighting design
- Identify best practices for Lighting Applications in the education, healthcare, and retail markets.
Speaker: Monica Bunch
Monica moved to North West Arkansas from Houston, Texas almost three and a half years ago to be closer to family and has never looked back. She started her career over fifteen years ago as an interior designer for a boutique interiors firm in Houston. After cutting her teeth in the fast-paced world of tenant improvement and tenant representation projects there, she moved to a larger firm starting their corporate interiors effort. After 10 years of designing, lighting came calling and she made the switch to specification sales representative at Hossley LPS. With lighting, Monica has stayed very close to her roots, working directly with architects and designers developing lighting designs for their clients.
Outside of work, Monica is busy raising her two littles, Mae (4) and Beau (1), with husband Ryan and taking advantage of all the amenities that NWA has to offer!